Crankposition sensor!?!?!

Cypha

23 hours ago, LR5V said:

thanks - I think most of their stuff is online, was more interested in how logical the SW is. Help line comment is noted, bet they are a Ford guy!

You seem like a savvy guy to discuss something. The ignition coil pack needs a stable 12v at start up, but when I measured the voltage across the pack when cranking it dropped to 10.2v. now I read the ECU has a step up system built in to boost the voltage for the coil pack to compensate for this. Now I no longer run a ECU I am racking my brain on how to boost the voltage.

I am going to call the manufacturer and the engineering firm tomorrow on how to get round this issue.

Ideas I had...add a second battery with a split charging system. One from cranking and aux and the other for ignition only. It seems a stupid idea but...

Add a powercap of sorts to boost the flow whilst cranking, but that also seem a silly idea.

Got any thoughts?

I might even post a separate question as I cannot be the only person with this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

** Update **

After much arguing with the company, i finally bit the bullet and fitted a ford ka coil pack. This only requires 5v to change the coil(s).

Wired it all in and blamo it works, the beast finally fired up after nearly a year. Is it worth posting a video? (every other person seems to think this is a good idea on youtube!)

Just now, Cypha said:

** Update **

After much arguing with the company, i finally bit the bullet and fitted a ford ka coil pack. This only requires 5v to change the coil(s).

Wired it all in and blamo it works, the beast finally fired up after nearly a year. Is it worth posting a video? (every other person seems to think this is a good idea on youtube!)

I am going to put together a quick wiring diagram so it might help someone in the future should another lupo owner attempt this.

2 hours ago, LR5V said:

yes please to the vid.

good information on coil pack  -if I do engine management +don't go sequential ignition with coil packs - I will probably just go ford coil pack, at least they are cheap, plentiful and a huge knowledge base out there

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RXMarko said:

Just caught up with this post, great work with the mods so far!!

I have a similar project with my sons Lupo Sport. What engine code are you working on?

Polo AUB from a ebay wreckers.

Only issue I am having is getting a receipt from the breakers to match up the engine code to so the DVLA will update the V5. No receipt no update. So fingers crossed Mr breakers issues me a receipt with the engine number on it.

Aah great to hear!! We are on aub also so it’s got to see it getting its fair share of mods. I’m used to seeing afk’s with all the glory mods 🙂

I am very interested in your list of mods if you get chance to post them all!!