NEW BOOT CATCH? Boot Central Locking/catch problem

EMILYarosa

I have a 1.4 tdi 

The boot does not unlock with the central locking, upon removing the inner casing it is evident that the long bar which pulls the mechanism is missing

My Father has attempted to make one by bending pieces of metal and we also ordered a new boot catch off ebay but the long bit of that was too big for my car

The one I ordered was like this in the photo below and this is too long and also not curving at the right places/wrong shape etc. 

Does anybody know where I can get another boot catch which would be correct- have tried ebay and can't seem to find right shape and can never come across an Arosa at the scrap yard 

thanks

Image result for seat arosa boot catch

On 7/21/2018 at 10:58 PM, Rich said:

i am the master of these, find someone selling a tailgate cheaply, go look and offer them a tenner for the lock, they will take it.

Thanks 

I found one but I am worried that it won't be the correct lock and people aren't willing to sell just the lock cause then they will never sell the tailgate???