Window regulator clips

BLADE

The inevitable just happened and both window regulator clips broke as I pulled into my street tonight, causing an instant window drop. Quick call to the local VW Dealer, Vindis (spit) tells me they're discontinued. Really? Have now sourced off ebay, which is no doubt cheaper and about as quick. Guessing an easy fit?

Edited by BLADE
Typo

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Rich that 2nd hand from scrappy is the best approach... but was unable to source locally and needed to fix quickly. 

These are the best ones from eBay, matches OEM quality 

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-LUPO-WINDOW-REGULATOR-REPAIR-KIT-FRONT-RIGHT-DRIVER-SIDE-/122538438364?txnId=1983023125002

Quite an easy fix in the end. Just make sure you clip the square metal blob on the regulator wire into the recepticle in the clip first (flathead screwdriver helps), then attach the clip to the black rail after. Bit of grease/silicon spray on the rail. Job done.

Edited by BLADE

• 6 months later...
23 minutes ago, Skajme said:

Need to replace these as my window is loose and rattles when i close the door with the window down. Can you replace them without taking the regulator out of the door??

Impossible to do unless you just happen to be Mr. Tickle? - afraid you just need to gear yourself up to take the regulators out, its a pretty easy job

5 minutes ago, LR5V said:

Impossible to do unless you just happen to be Mr. Tickle? - afraid you just need to gear yourself up to take the regulators out, its a pretty easy job

Haha fair one, I've replaced both regulators on my old car so I do know the logistics of it. Just on this car it still has the original speakers so they will need drilling out where as my old car had aftermarkets screwed in. Much easier :(  Thought you might just be able to lower the window to the bottom and do it from there. sigh 🙄

The problem is the lifter cable is on the outer side of the door behind the runner.

You would be working blind trying to latch the regulator cable into the clip and then slide the clip onto the runner and finally attach the metal glass clamp onto the plastic clip -  something that is pretty annoying out of the car. You may be able to get to the rear most runner, but the front one is covered up by the inner door. 

Could this be a good enough excuse to upgrade your speakers? 6.5" just fit