Gti Beam bush replacement - with Brake pipe still connected?

LR5V

Yes - suspect the rear drivers side bush collapsed, beam twisted clockwise on passenger bush.

Evidence is rear wheels are both offset to left side with drivers rear further back in arch

Oh and round-abouts at 50 can be interesting with rear wheel steer!

Edited by LR5V

just be smart and undo the lines.

they're not hard to do, if you're really screwed and the nipples wont twist then slice the flexis and free them off before the refit.

Thanks guys  - I wasn't wanting to go that far just now.

Plan was over winter, to re-build the beam, just wanted keep it rolling with the good weather, so just replace the bushes + not mess with brakes. If it is fully off I may as well bring the task forward, along with front subframe.

I will have a go at dropping the beam with hoses attached, on Mk4 you do one side at a time, just undo the clips holding the flexi to the chassis bracket and pull the beam forward, there is just enough room to remove and re-install.

But just in case it gets messed up I have ordered a pair of rear flexi's from euro's - less than £11 pounds delivered - Lemforder ones too.

Got to ask if rear Lupo brakes are nicer or just as painful to bleed as the ones on Mk4 Golf?