No Engine management light

Moore75

Well it would’ve come on at some point. If not just go and tell the tester that he must be mistaken because a family member has had it from new and he’ll no doubt revoke the refusal.

it's a LED, not a bulb from memory, so unlikely to go. software controlled. i wonder if it it's just been deactivated.....

if you or other family member had ever taken it in for a service, chances are someone has plugged in a diagnostic thing. at the same time, instead of clearing a fault or service indicator, they may have accidentally turned off the "show check engine light at power up" function. i don't know how to do it on a lupo, but it's easy enough on many other vdubs.

5 hours ago, mk2 said:

well knock me down with a feather. absolutely. nice one skezza. i'd have never ever believed it.

I've owned two Lupo's. Neither had an EML. They were both pre-2001. I suspect it was around that time they started fitting them.

I've read on here that on the non-EML cars, the EPC warning light can double up as an EML in some cases. Don't believe it though. That isn't what it's designed to do.