We need a club lupo quiz people...

mk2

Well the image exif says it’s 225kb but the forum editor won’t accept it as it’s saying it will only upload up to 1025kb, which I always thought was more than 225kb...

I've got the perfect part. Not madly hard, but by no means easy. Just no Lupo to go and photograph it :( 

ok, where does this very critical thing go? without it, all hell breaks loose. i should have put some scale in there, but it's about 13mm long and looks just like a rare earth magnet (but isn't).

IMG_0467.JPG

correct! next....? :)

(ok, so everyone knows i only have SDIs) but used in most timing belt position critical pulleys, on most engines. it slots into the shaft and locks a pulley in place (just in case you have no idea what we're talking about) to stop it rotating on the shaft.

who is up next?

i think it would be interesting if someone took the standard 1.9 from a polo and chucked it into a lupo.

it would go in easy enough.

On 6/16/2018 at 11:25 PM, Rich said:

who is up next?

i think it would be interesting if someone took the standard 1.9 from a polo and chucked it into a lupo.

it would go in easy enough.

Would be torquey as..... Would need the Polo ECU though? You couldn't recode the sdi 1.7 ECU to work with a 1.9 I guess?

21 hours ago, Rich said:

plug and play, see what happens 

I suspect it would drive like ****? Won't all the injector settings be wrong?

the injection system is the same. identical. but, the quantity adjuster or plunger is programmed to dispense more fuel at higher revs in the 1.9. BUT, if you could reprogram an SDI ECU (remap), it'd work fine. I'm 100% sure, now that I've been through the entire injection system.

lupo quiz... i've thought of a new part. need to take a pic of it first. no-one will ever get this one!

here we go fellow lupo/arosa ists. where does this go? two are used. as far as i can tell (ETKA), they are not used anywhere else on the car. About 15mm diameter. they have a part number, but i've taken the shots so you can't cheat. clue: you can see them on the car if you look carefully, and you dont need to dismantle or remove anything (apart from to take this pic!).

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0488.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

close, but no cigar :) 

the sound deadening clips have a hole in so you can see the stud sticking out through the top when they're in place. A bit like type that hold the washer bottle in place, or hold cables/pipes against the engine bay.

you'll notice that these are much prettier... (there's another clue)