Passenger Window Mechanism (Electric)

Hi all new to this forum after just buying my lupo the other week and after a bit of advice on my passenger window motor that's stopped working. I have found a replacement mechanism with motor on eBay and was just wondering if it will fit. My part number is 6X0 837 401A. And the one from eBay is 6X0 837 401E. Mine is a T plate and the eBay one is from a 2004. Was told by the seller that it will work as the E is just a later production number due to years of cars??

thanks

If it makes a motor click noise when you press switch then most likely the regulator mechanism, pain the the ass to get out with window stuck up (use a swan neck 10mm spanner).

£20 for a new one or find and fix fault with yours, mine was fixed with gorilla glue and a zip tie. ?

It does just make a single click noise and doesn't try and move the window at all. Worth a strip down then I guess and see what I can find. If not then will that one I have found with a different end letter work in mine?

• 4 weeks later...

may I ask while on topic... if it *doesn't* click at all, is it 100% motor, or should I still try to connect the motor to power to test it.

my passenger window switch always worked. the swith on the driver's door (to wind down the passenger window) didn't, UNLESS you pressed at the exact time as the driver's window switch. pretty mysterious case, that the VW dealership didn't manage to fix (even changing the switch).

today the passenger window stopped working altogether, and it's stuck almost all the way down. i hope it doesn't rain on the way home...

get a side light bulb (501) wrap wire around the ends and then use your pikey test light to check you have current.

get some cardboard, cut it to shape, wrap a bin bag around it, tape it to the door avoiding all paint and then go to the scrappy asap.

don't let them see you pull up as the price will instantly double.