Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I am thinking of fitting Puddle lights with the VW logo in the door how ever i would like to know if anyone has done this? If so how have you done it as I don't have normal space to do so 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jacoleman said:

I am thinking of fitting Puddle lights with the VW logo in the door how ever i would like to know if anyone has done this? If so how have you done it as I don't have normal space to do so 🤔

What do you mean you don't have normal space to do so? 

I'd switch a relay using the interior light circuit or the microswitches in the door probably to power them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't seem to have much in the way of space in the door cards, 2003 model. Don't have much play space to be cutting holes to fit them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, cj1 said:

What do you mean you don't have normal space to do so? 

I'd switch a relay using the interior light circuit or the microswitches in the door probably to power them. 

This is about the easiest way although on the drivers side you have the routing for the interior light. You can easily patch into that and run two cables across. Look for my boot light retrofit it'll tell you which cable to tap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still need to get round to doing this on mine, I have the parts... I don't understand what you mean either by lack of space?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2018 at 9:11 AM, Jacoleman said:

I don't seem to have much in the way of space in the door cards, 2003 model. Don't have much play space to be cutting holes to fit them.

Perhaps me and matt aren't singing from the same hymn sheet from you as it were, but why would they be going into the door cards? Surely you're either going to put them inside the wing mirror housing or just into the metal at the bottom of the door? Both options are pretty viable with the space available really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/05/2018 at 5:45 PM, mattarosa said:

I still need to get round to doing this on mine, I have the parts... I don't understand what you mean either by lack of space?

You going OEM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×