Clicking when turning?

At the weekend I noticed that in one location, and one location only there's a clicking that can be felt through the steering wheel when turning it. 

Doesn't matter whether left or right, it's the same place each time. 

Jacked the car up and inspected, placed hand on each individual suspension component, driveshafts and steering rack till I could feel it. My initial suspicion was a bad cv joint but the click isn't really there at speed, just when turning at low speeds. The car still drives perfectly with no issues at all and nothing at all can be felt on either shaft when it can be felt on the steering wheel. 

it felt most prominent at the top of the steering rack where it meets the knuckle joint at the bottom of the column. I'm not too sure what to suspect as the problem, and before I try a new rack I thought I'd get some ideas? 

Edited by cj1

1 minute ago, Sausage said:

If you mean each revolution of the steering wheel it has a click at the same place then I'd be looking at the steering column joints mainly the one connecting it to the rack.

That's exactly what I meant, summarised perfectly!