davearosa

Wiring diagram? interior light

Hi, seeing as there was no haynes manual released for the arosa/lupo, is there anywhere else I could get a wiring diagram? The interior light doesnt work on my arosa. Its not the bulb and also there is 12volts going to it but this drops to nothing when you apply a load to it.

Cheers

Dave

if it's like vdubs, there's a PWM dimmer switching circuit in line with the feed to the lamp. so you'll measure 12v with a high impedance meter, which will die when you load it. could be that the dimmer isn't working right. no idea where the circuit is located though. Also, you can't replace dimmer bulb circuits in cars with LEDs. wont work...

12 hours ago, mk2 said:

if it's like vdubs, there's a PWM dimmer switching circuit in line with the feed to the lamp. so you'll measure 12v with a high impedance meter, which will die when you load it. could be that the dimmer isn't working right. no idea where the circuit is located though. Also, you can't replace dimmer bulb circuits in cars with LEDs. wont work...

Didn't think the interior light was on the dimmer circuit though? 

it isn't.

both my sdi's have lovely slow dimmers on them, that extinguish slowly as you start the car or after about two minutes after unlocking. factory too.... standard festoon bulb above the mirror that takes about three seconds to go from full bright to off. they come on instantly though. there must be a circuit controlling them somewhere, as a switch can't do that- either full on or off.

my mk4 is the same.

Edited by mk2

My SDI interior light is also the same it's a nice little feature.

Andrew

rich will know... :) 

is it behind the dash, or near the fusebox? i'm curious too now....

i know nothing.

all the wires for the top have a plug in the lower a pillar. 

which side? i'm guessing the drivers side at the fuse box? which means there must be some sort of controler down there somewhere... i've never ever had to look at one of them. ever. from what you're saying, i think not all models are fitted with a fancy dimmer thing?

I've noted the dimmer before, however I always just turn all the stupid lights off.