1.0 Sound

s26rech

Hi guys, I currently have a 1.0 Lupo and I would like to get a better sound.

I know, that is pretty useless, but the actual sound is really horrible! 

I was thinking about getting rid of the backbox; would it be too noisy? Or are there some other cheap options?

Here in Italy there are really annoying rules about this sort of things so I just want to be sure.

10 hours ago, s26rech said:

Uhm, but isn't it too loud? Or the middlebox still helps a bit?

No. If you cut out the midbox then it'll sound like a bombs gone off but cutting off the backbox, welding in a straight pipe will sound louder, but not loud enough that you'll get pulled. Trust me, I was 18 once too.

What I will say is, don't expect it to sound like a Ferrari, but it will sound a bit creamier yes.

1 hour ago, Skezza said:

No. If you cut out the midbox then it'll sound like a bombs gone off but cutting off the backbox, welding in a straight pipe will sound louder, but not loud enough that you'll get pulled. Trust me, I was 18 once too.

What I will say is, don't expect it to sound like a Ferrari, but it will sound a bit creamier yes.

That's what I was trying to understand, thanks a lot! Of course the sound will just be a bit louder, nothing special, but that's perfectly fine for me! ( Btw the community here is awesome! )

3 hours ago, mk2 said:

increase the pipe diameter of the whole system. put in a big central box, keep the small rear box. more bass. more rumble. still quiet.

Well, this is another great tip, I think it could require a bit more work to do but it is a good option, thanks!