Change Headlight and Brakelight bulbs - 54plate Lupo

Pete0309

The drivers side headlight and brakelight bulbs have gone and I wondered if there was a guide to changing them.  I took a look at the Lupo headlight and there isn't much room there, and I can't see how to easily get to the bulb.  I looked on here and there is a lot of talk of GTI and xenon, but that isn't really relevant to me.  Is this something I can do?  Do I need to unscrew the headlight to get to the bulb?  How about for the brake light?

You don't need to unscrew anything, you just need to suffer as you cut your hand. There's not much space admittedly, but both passenger and drivers side are doable without removing the headlight.

Rear lights are self explanatory. One screw holding it in.

i think there's a how to somewhere on here. have a search. if not, I'll go outside and take some pics tomorrow. headlight clip/cover is easy to break. rear cluster you need to push/pull in the right direction to release it.

Edited by mk2

Okay, I did the headlight - man it is tight in there.  Was pretty easy apart from getting the little metal clip thing back on at the end.  Will do brake light tomorrow.

"headlight clip/cover is easy to break" - I just levered the cover off with a screwdriver, but was careful after reading your comment!