Lupo 3L rear springs

woodyrvf750

I'm delighted to have bought back the 3L I sold just over three years ago..

It's riding a little low on the driver's side rear.  I haven't investigated yet but I suspect it could be a broken spring.

Could it be anything else?

Does anyone have a set of standard rear springs they'd be happy to sell?

I'll investigate later this evening and report back

2 minutes ago, Sausage said:

Fractionally stiffer and higher i guess unless the mounts are different for seating. Slap a pair of 1.4 tdi springs on and report back.

Nothing that's going to cause a drop in MPG or actual running issues though? Why bother spending a fortune buying the original springs all the way from Germany. Just get a set of aftermarket TDi ones from EuroCarParts and forget about it.

i'd guess that 3L springs are slightly less stiff than regular lupos, if only because the car weighs slightly less. for front springs, i'd probably go for 1.0l springs. for rears, SDI. anyone know the lbs/inch rates on the springs?

pics of new ones? curious to see the colour codes on them.

And you know what, i reckon ultimatestyle has done themselves more harm using their bot (or stupid individual) then just having one person make a genuine post. i know that i certainly wont recommend them.....

The paint markings on the used ones are identical to the ones that came off.  3 yellow dots and one blue, whatever that means.

I've fitted the best two of the three that I bought and the car now drives as it did the last time I owned it.  Looking forward to doing some easy miles.

the colour codes usually refer to the stiffness rating- as in how many millimetres the spring will compress for every 100kg of force applied, at the normal loaded setting. so for example, a gti spring will be stiffer, but technically if the car is the same mass and the ride height is the same, the way to change the ride comfort is to change the rating. the relaxed length of the spring is no indicator of stiffness. i'm trying to find all the colour codes to work out whats what. mine has purple green dots from memory- standard sdi.