What Causes Front Inner Wheel Arch Rubbing on Fottwell?

LR5V

Cleaning behind my arch liners today I found the nearside arch liner was rubbed by the wheel against the footwell. 

even more annoying, under the liners there was patches where the wheel had rubbed down to the metal and a PO had just covered this with a new liner.

I am guessing its wrecked control arm bushes, will replacement stop this form happening? -not anything more sinister

At least there wasn't anything growing in there & I replaced the rusted liner bolts with Audi stainless ones - Thanks Rich for the tip

do you have a link to the stainless screws? all i can find are what look like regular black steel types...

hopefully there was nothing else apart from some surface rust there. the tyres rubbing action must have made a noise?

6 hours ago, mk2 said:

do you have a link to the stainless screws? all i can find are what look like regular black steel types...

hopefully there was nothing else apart from some surface rust there. the tyres rubbing action must have made a noise?

Screws - got a fist full from a scrap yard, soaked in Nitromors for 3 days, most of the black fell off giving:

IgZbpB.jpg

Yes -I think the recent scrapping i found on the liner was from a wheel spinning my way onto a main road, looks like its a front end re-build sooner than planned

i have a Greggs cup full of the stainless screws from the last scrappy visit, I go to one where they take all the wheels off and stack them up.

arm yourself with a t25 and you too can have 100s.

clearly you need to play with magnets more.

if you bake them in the sun and then use a paint brush to remove dry mud off you can keep the black coating.