Fitting VW Touch Phone Kit Help

Hi, 

Seen a couple of Lupos online fitted with the VW Touch Phone Kit to a standard Gamma HU , but can't find an installation guide anywhere.

Anyone fitted it themselves or fitted the Connects 2 Bluetooth system? 

Thinking of doing it to my GTI

image.png.80e2cae4090bb3d7b4d00bdb4e6eadfd.png

3 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

Ha, the place or the phone kit?

Bury Technologies. I've worked with them before as a Contractor and one of their products was part of the system I was working on that was fitted inside a VAG group vehicle. Honestly, some of their engineers are absolute troglodytes....... I'm not even joking. Completely stripped any faith I ever had that they were making good products to be quite honest. Hardware is only one thing, and while they do use good hardware, their software and the engineers who worked on it, was absolute piss. I have to be careful how much I say as I'm bound by an NDA, but wow, just wow...... Still, their bad software made me a shed load of money, so not going to whinge too much.

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/04/2018 at 12:03 PM, Skezza said:

Bury Technologies. I've worked with them before as a Contractor and one of their products was part of the system I was working on that was fitted inside a VAG group vehicle. Honestly, some of their engineers are absolute troglodytes....... I'm not even joking. Completely stripped any faith I ever had that they were making good products to be quite honest. Hardware is only one thing, and while they do use good hardware, their software and the engineers who worked on it, was absolute piss. I have to be careful how much I say as I'm bound by an NDA, but wow, just wow...... Still, their bad software made me a shed load of money, so not going to whinge too much.

Think I'll get a Parrot, thanks man aha

2 hours ago, Rich said:

get a head unit with it all built in.

In the Lupo, it's easier than you think. Get a standard double DIN jobby, route the wires up past the pillar. I did it on my previous Lupo, took about an hour.

Many of them have built-in mics at the front anyway + attachments at the back so you can install one (sometimes two) directional mics. I've currently got a Kenwood single DIN with a directional mic mounted up via the visor in my ratty pile of Japanese junk, and it's excellent for calls. Call quality is clear, and the microphone quality is perfect (according to those who I speak to). That said, there were rarely any problems using the front mic, other than if you have the blowers on full. 

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

if you sit in your car with the blowers on full you can pretend you are in a kitchen with the extraction on.

Very true that.