Bought a New Lupo

matthewrspca

30 minutes ago, Skezza said:

I've seen SDi's in Europe with AC.

Dealer fitted. There was a dealer in Spain that would sell you SDi's with aircon so I guess a few others in Europe went that route.

This one, for example, doesn't have the original A/C buttons:

635042137_7_1000x700_volkswagen-lupo-17s

Original:

VW%20POLO%206n2%20Klima%20manuell%201J08

I've had the exhaust repaid as I write this post £30 slight break in a joint. So I took the opporunity to take some snaps of the underneath of the car. Looks to me very clean, but what do I know?:huh:

Tonight if I get a chance I will take further photos of the service book and the paperwork I have for the car.

20180420_140056.jpg

20180420_140059.jpg

20180420_140103.jpg

Edited by matthewrspca
Change spelling

1 hour ago, matthewrspca said:

I've had the exhaust repaid as I write this post £30 slight break in a joint. So I took the opporunity to take some snaps of the underneath of the car. Looks to me very clean, but what do I know?:huh:

Tonight if I get a chance I will take further photos of the service book and the paperwork I have for the car.

20180420_140056.jpg

20180420_140059.jpg

20180420_140103.jpg

I do not think that's a genuine part. The genuine back box costs around £600 Before fit. Had to wait 4 months for mine

Not sure myself, it just needed a weld on one of the joints. The back box and the rest of the system was stainless steel and in good order the mechanic said, so happy days. £30 quid insted of silly money for a new system. 

Over all he said the car was mint so a slight weight of my shoulders. I've never bought such an old car before. 

Edited by matthewrspca

4 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

Dealer fitted. There was a dealer in Spain that would sell you SDi's with aircon so I guess a few others in Europe went that route.

This one, for example, doesn't have the original A/C buttons:

635042137_7_1000x700_volkswagen-lupo-17s

Original:

VW%20POLO%206n2%20Klima%20manuell%201J08

That's so lazy. How hard would it have been to fit the OEM buttons?

2 hours ago, matthewrspca said:

Ive found time to take the first pages of my Gti service book. 

I hope this helps with regards to the car possibly being a VW car.

20180421_192445.jpg

20180421_192449.jpg

Thats great. Now my theory is it is the red lupo gti with l6upo plate as that had every option ticked on it. The reason i struggled to prove it was it did not come up on reg check as having that plate and vw uk does not have any form of archive. So the information I have is thin on the ground/my own research

Edited by lupo1.0se

15 hours ago, matthewrspca said:

Oh Smashing. Thanks for getting back to me. 

What I will do on Monday is to speak to VW press office and see if I could track the province of the car. 

Would you like the chassis number for your records?

Not particularly. If you get anywhere give me a shout

This was a Volkswagen UK press fleet car, it was featured in Volkswagen Driver Magazine in November 2002 I think.

• Thanks 1

On 29/04/2018 at 11:31 PM, JB1.0e said:

This was a Volkswagen UK press fleet car, it was featured in Volkswagen Driver Magazine in November 2002 I think.

Need a copy of this for my collection 

6 hours ago, matthewrspca said:

I might have to borrow yours if you get one.

there was none for sale on ebay. Tried another place but that did not turn up anything either. Did get one with "potentially" a new press car we did not know about.

Found the back issue part  has a good list. See - http://www.autometrix.co.uk/volkswagen/vwd_backiss_index.html

Edited by lupo1.0se

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2018 at 7:06 PM, lupo1.0se said:

there was none for sale on ebay. Tried another place but that did not turn up anything either. Did get one with "potentially" a new press car we did not know about.

Found the back issue part  has a good list. See - http://www.autometrix.co.uk/volkswagen/vwd_backiss_index.html

I've just had a phone call from Volkswagen Driver magazine and they have confirmed that my car was in the November 2002 addition. I'e ordered the magazine and it' in the post. All my Christmases have come at once.

I'm so please I've got this proof that my car is what I thought it is. Will send pictures of the mag when I get it.

On 4/20/2018 at 3:52 PM, lupo1.0se said:

I do not think that's a genuine part. The genuine back box costs around £600 Before fit. Had to wait 4 months for mine

get some black waxoyl on the rear beam and the front sub frame, as much as you like

20 hours ago, weslangdon said:

get some black waxoyl on the rear beam and the front sub frame, as much as you like

Its not my car. Although I am tempted to powder coat it.

23 hours ago, matthewrspca said:

I've just had a phone call from Volkswagen Driver magazine and they have confirmed that my car was in the November 2002 addition. I'e ordered the magazine and it' in the post. All my Christmases have come at once.

I'm so please I've got this proof that my car is what I thought it is. Will send pictures of the mag when I get it.

I emailed them and got nothing. I will check the address.

Right guys, great news. After some digging great help from club Lupo and a few emails and phone calls I've tracked down a magazine with my car as a VW Press car. Here is all the pages of the car in the magazine Volkswagen Driver

IMG-20180517-WA0007.jpeg

IMG-20180517-WA0008.jpeg

IMG-20180517-WA0009.jpeg

IMG-20180517-WA0010.jpeg

IMG-20180517-WA0011.jpeg

20180514_132135.jpg