Bought a New Lupo

matthewrspca

So after only 12 months of my Lupo ownership I was dieing for a GIT, so after a long long seach I found a Flash Red Gti with fsh, low miles and low owners.

Picked it up yesterday and I bloody love it. Apparently is a VW launch car with every option ticked. Even has a sunroof leather 6 speed, CD a massive file of bills dating back from new. I've named him Larry!

20180416_154633.jpg

20180416_133237.jpg

20180416_122422.jpg

Very nice! They were 5 speed til around 2001, I've checked and its definitely a 6 speed

I believe the guy who was advertising it recently, who presumably the OP purchased it from, stated in his ad that he believed it to be a launch car in respect of the introduction of the 6 speed gearbox. 

12 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

Nice spec, gotta love a sunroof.

Exhaust looks a bit weird tho, get it sorted!

What's weird about it?

7 minutes ago, Blue Loop said:

Fitment. Looks kind of odd on that picture.

Think it's just the angle of the photo tbh. 

Even so, it's a nice looking GTi. I'm waiting for the elusive one that was made for me. It's out there..... somewhere.

Exhaust is in order and is being sorted this Friday. As for province I will this week take a picture of all paperwork with the car, it has first owner stamp as VW with an address. 

I hope you guys can help me with this car and find out about it and I havn't bought a lemon ? 

20180417_201042.jpg

20180417_201132.jpg

5 hours ago, Skezza said:

Even so, it's a nice looking GTi. I'm waiting for the elusive one that was made for me. It's out there..... somewhere.

Surely the more you wait the more difficult (and expensive) it will become to get one of the few good ones that are left...

12 hours ago, Blue Loop said:

Surely the more you wait the more difficult (and expensive) it will become to get one of the few good ones that are left...

True. I don't want to end up with one with 198k miles on it though.

high milage isn't usually a problem as most mechanical stuff is easy to swap- bearings, engine, steering parts etc. the bits that do show age like upholstery, trim, hand control surfaces are much harder to find. the stuff i always check first is the inside, then bodywork and lastly mechanical stuff. you can find some 'as new' automatic lupos but then if you swap out for manual, the car is classified as a modified, which no-one wants. they make great parts donor cars though. :)

Buying a car due for clutch, cambelt, shocks and brakes etc at about 70 - 80k is far worse than buying one with more miles that has already had that done. it's all dead money, let someone else pay for it.

10 hours ago, Skezza said:

True. I don't want to end up with one with 198k miles on it though.

Mine was high-ish mileage when I bought it. Had been serviced all along so it was sort of safe to buy :)

8 hours ago, Sausage said:

This one is for you @skezza

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-vw-Volkswagen-lupo-1-6-gti/132586583552

I could be tempted but the state i keep my cars in there is just no point in me owning a nice one. Sheds all the way for me...

Doesn't say it has aircon, and blue ones really benefit from a leather interior as there's less red things going on inside (not a huge fan of red/blue combination, but that's me!)

3 minutes ago, mk2 said:

anyone ever seen an sdi with ac? not sure if it's possible... where'd the pump go?

yeah well warm out there.

Wasn't even an option in the UK. It was in Europe though.....