lupo editions: SDI automatic? 4WD?

mk2

just curious if anyone has ever heard of unusual editions of Lupo or Arosa? Did Vdub ever make an SDI with an auto box (not the 3L system) or perhaps a version that has the viscous or haldex coupling 4WD system? The Gti has a different rear floor section to regular Lupos. Maybe there's a floor section to handle the rear diff. I like the idea of a Lupo on stilts with 4WD. would be handy where I live. could go sheep herding in the paddocks.... 

there has never been a 4wd lupo.

the gti is different to accommodate the exhaust and battery.

the sport is different again as it accommodates the exhaust but not the battery.

only autos spotted are 1.4 models, I don't think the 1.0 has the guts for it, gti is a no as you would have to use a polo block for the bellhousing 

you got me thinking... never good.

technically, the 085 box from a 3L would work with an SDI. ok, so there'd need to be some extra plumbing and wiring... the question is though, is the data feed from the ecu to gearbox controller good? what i'm thinking, is would there need to be an interpreter/emulator between the sdi electronics and the 3L electronics.

i could do with a new project- 4wd tractor lupo. I dont think monster truck would work though. too extreme for daily use. but which transmission system? i'll need a donor car too.

that must have been as a customer special order, or maybe as a promo car in a showroom to show off the sunroof option...? it's also got mudflaps.

unusual. electric sunroof with manual windows!

On 4/12/2018 at 7:32 AM, mk2 said:

just curious if anyone has ever heard of unusual editions of Lupo or Arosa? Did Vdub ever make an SDI with an auto box (not the 3L system) or perhaps a version that has the viscous or haldex coupling 4WD system? The Gti has a different rear floor section to regular Lupos. Maybe there's a floor section to handle the rear diff. I like the idea of a Lupo on stilts with 4WD. would be handy where I live. could go sheep herding in the paddocks.... 

you want one of those Golf Mk 2 Country models, lhd, stilts, very odd and when you open the bonnet the engine is a long way down

golf country.jpg