SDI power steering pressure pipe

ravensthorne

Morning All

Will need to remove/replace the power steering pipe assembly (pressure line) on my SDI very soon.  Can anyone give any tips/tricks on how the heck to get to the bolt on the pump end of the line?  It's a hell of a squeeze down there.  I'm guessing arch liner out and bumper off but are there any other things to consider?

BTW: I've not been able to find a replacement pipe yet so if anyone in the Gloucestershire/Bristol area has one lying around, I'd love to swap some money for it. (I've also posted this in the wanted section).

Cheers!!!

Hi JoeyEunos

I thought as much, thanks.  I can get a spanner to it from the top of the engine but the cramped space means I can't get enough leverage on it to turn it. 

So all I really want to do at this point is slacken the bolt and then re-tighten without as much torque as it has now, so when I come to change the pipework I can hopefully do it all from the top of the engine bay.

As I have to change the aux belt in the morning, I might as well whip the bumper off at the same time I have the arch liner off.  Nice way to spend a sunday morning ;)

Thanks for the advice

No need to remove the bumper to change the aux belt, but to change the PAS or the hardlines it's a necessary evil IME. 

Removing the bumper is pretty much the same sequence as MK4 golf, I'm sure there's a YouTube video of the process, just have at it  ? 

It'snot complicated, but it is deffo time consuming compared to other VAG stuff.