HELP! Tracking is screwed

henry.0112

Hi all. After removing my front struts to inspect the condition of the top hats and such like, i refitted them and to save time aligning I put them in at the maximum amount of camber. Only problem is the passenger side has a tonne of toe in after doing this. Can anyone help and tell me what I need to do to get it back to how it was? Cheers

yeah, loosen the two bolts on the shock to hub carrier mount. pull hard towards you till it can't move anymore. lock there. (top of wheel towards you).

loosen three ball joint bolts. push in hard till it stops. lock there. (bottom of wheel away from you)

then measure camber with full load in car- bags of bricks etc. on flat ground. rims should be square to ground. if not loosen the two bolts and adjust as needed.

Cheers for the help mate. Only problem I have is that I don’t really see why I have to mess with the ball joints when all I’ve done in the first place is taken the strut out and not touched anything else? Cheers

23 minutes ago, henry.0112 said:

Cheers for the help mate. Only problem I have is that I don’t really see why I have to mess with the ball joints when all I’ve done in the first place is taken the strut out and not touched anything else? Cheers

Tbh I wouldn't bother with the ball joint step. 

Just now, LR5V said:

iphone comes out the box with a spirit level

I know mate, mine never seems to be that accurate though. Had a few cases where something’s clearly on the piss but my phone says it’s level.