Auto lights

JasperIrl

Hi, 

Anyone know where I can get automatic lights for my Lupo? 

I've seen the kits on eBay, switch, module and light sensor but I want to know if they are compatible and if anyone has installed them? 

Any help is appreciated ?

I have auto lights on my lupo... the worst bit is positioning the sensor and getting all the cabling to fit behind the switch.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-VW-Golf-Mk4-Passat-B5-Polo-Auto-Headlight-Switch-Light-Sensor-Module-Chrome/162335102624?fits=Car+Make%3AVW|Model%3ALupo&hash=item25cbed16a0:g:dxoAAOSwe2FZvIrm

18 minutes ago, mattarosa said:

I have auto lights on my lupo... the worst bit is positioning the sensor and getting all the cabling to fit behind the switch.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-VW-Golf-Mk4-Passat-B5-Polo-Auto-Headlight-Switch-Light-Sensor-Module-Chrome/162335102624?fits=Car+Make%3AVW|Model%3ALupo&hash=item25cbed16a0:g:dxoAAOSwe2FZvIrm

Cheers mattarosa ?, it doesn't seem to mention coming home lights in the add? 

Unlocking car turns on headlights etc...does yours do this? 

That's the one I bought, fitting wasn't too bad - you need a bit of wire to feed the sensor up though!

Two annoying things with it are that the sensor isn't sensitive enough so often I'm the only car driving around without lights on, and when you open the drivers door and the welcome home lights are on the standard warning alarm goes off. The first issue is probably solvable by taping some tracing paper or similar over the sensor but I'm not sure there is a way to turn off the warning alarm since it is technically correct in sounding...

Many people are not in love with Matt. They just use him for his information/babysitting service/cheap humor. This is sad but the way of the world that I have grown to accept :-( worse things have happened at sea.

2 minutes ago, mscherryviolet said:

I love @mattarosa

infact, he’s coming to spend the weekend at my house . 

:) 

on a different subject, where to buy rope and whips? 

:D 

on that subject, depends what sort of rope, Hemp? Blue nylon? Static climbing? Climbing? Tow rope? Erm any other sorts of rope? Webbing count? 

back to reality... why would anyone want auto lights? why not auto wipers? or hey, even weirder, auto parking... in fact why not just get a chauffer or even better get a bus. in that way, you'd not even have to pay attention to life... argh, i'm off on another of my mad rants again. better shut up now before someone starts laughing.

1 minute ago, mk2 said:

back to reality... why would anyone want auto lights? why not auto wipers? or hey, even weirder, auto parking... in fact why not just get a chauffer or even better get a bus. in that way, you'd not even have to pay attention to life... argh, i'm off on another of my mad rants again. better shut up now before someone starts laughing.

Auto wipers piss me off, they don't work or maybe that's because they're on a ford van I use for work... Auto lights pointless as I always have my side lights on, it's the coming home lights I like. Buses round here stink of tenants super and urine. Need I say more lol

19 minutes ago, mk2 said:

Gone a bit off topic....?

It's the coming home lights feature I like as well,auto lights is just a bonus! And the knob is nicer than standard...?

11 hours ago, mattarosa said:

:D 

on that subject, depends what sort of rope, Hemp? Blue nylon? Static climbing? Climbing? Tow rope? Erm any other sorts of rope? Webbing count? 

Whatever rope you like, :) 

21 hours ago, mattarosa said:

Auto wipers piss me off, they don't work or maybe that's because they're on a ford van I use for work... Auto lights pointless as I always have my side lights on, it's the coming home lights I like. Buses round here stink of tenants super and urine. Need I say more lol

I was actually surprised how well the auto wipers worked on the ex missus car. The problem is being French, it couldn't help but **** itself once or twice every few months and would either turn them on when dry or not turn them on in torrential rain.

On 19/03/2018 at 8:32 PM, mattarosa said:

Correct me if I'm wrong you can set the sensitivity? I managed to do it on mine. And my warning tone doesn't come on? It does if I put the lights on though.

Did you buy the one sold by cnfaner? I even messaged them a few times about the sensitivity issue and they did reply but not with anything helpful. I’m pretty certain there isn’t a switch or dial of any kind but it’s been a while since I looked. 

The warning tone is pretty annoying and comes on unless I have the dial set to lights off, which means the welcome home lights don’t come on which defeats the object. 

If your one wasn’t from cnfaner let me know who you bought it from as I’d be tempted to swap mine out for one! 

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, LR5V said:

Stupid question, but is the Headlight switch the same on the VW's as it is on the Audi. I might buy one of those if it is.

On 3/19/2018 at 10:43 PM, mk2 said:

A couple of years ago when I had a mk7 golf gti, I gt the park assist on it mainly just as a cool feature to mess about with and show my friends. It was surprisingly handy in some situations where it would have taken more than one attempt to squeeze into a parallel space. It definitely wasn't a case of not paying attention, just that it helps life. 

The Arteon I have now has lane assist, adaptive cruise control, auto wipers and auto lights, I get where you're coming from as you can go a very long journey with minimal driver input, but I think this is more of a driver behaviour problem than the technology itself. 

13 hours ago, LR5V said:

But whilst we're ranting. WHY does everything have to have an app? What benefits could an app for your headlight switch possibly add?