Wheel Bearing Help

For the fronts you need a hydraulic press. No options. I go down to our local machine shop armed with a box of chockies, icecream or beer depending on time of year and humbly ask if i may use their machine for half and hour (to do both). Have never had a no reply yet :)

Front and rear bearings design are same as Mk4 Golf -Lots of You tube films out there

I have my own cheap hydraulic press but this requires the hub removed form the car. 

There is a Wheel bearing removal tool that can remove and install the bearing with the hub on the car maintaining alignment. -sell the tool on after using

• 2 months later...
On 20/02/2018 at 9:05 AM, LR5V said:

There is a Wheel bearing removal tool that can remove and install the bearing with the hub on the car maintaining alignment. -sell the tool on after using

never seen one of them... got info?

by the time you have taken the shaft out and ****ed around doing it on the car you might as well remove the hub and take half the time.

to remove the shaft you would have to have the BJ out anyways, you could save alignment by removing the one bolt and taking the strut off with the hub.

• 1 month later...