Vw Lupo odd accessories section

lupo1.0se

Another new thread. This time with accessories you might not of seen before. I will start with the obvious one. Brochures. This everyone done for the UK including a German 3L TDI one thrown in. The bits to the left hand side are accessories pamphlet and marketing material (bought as part of a job lot years ago)

DSCF2787.JPG

Next we have a press pack which has details about the launch of the lupo to UK market.

DSCF2786.JPG

After this we have the promotional material for the gti tabasco sauce. Unused. Box isn't the best. But includes a little brochure inside (I have an extra one in the first photo to the left)

DSCF2788.JPG

Then we start getting to the more unusual ones. Lupo pins badges.

DSCF2784.JPG

Then we have a lupo pens. The white one is parker ball point in there. The 3l one is a multi-coloured one. (Red and black)

DSCF2783.JPG

and a lupo thermos too.

DSCF2782.JPG

and finally the most unusual is a Lupo coat. Yep a lupo coat.

DSCF2789.JPG

DSCF2791.JPG

Edited by lupo1.0se
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mk2 said:

i have the hens teeth rare boot liner in my silver sdi... :P

I may have issues, I have a used one in the lupo and a new one still in original factory plastic protecting that one, and another one still in original plastic in the arosa.

Some weird and wonderful things there. Odd, but still wonderful.

To be honest, it makes me a bit sad that they don't still make the Lupo. I would love to go and buy a new new one. A few of the enhancements of modern day VW, in that wonderful little box would be brilliant. You can retrofit a few features, but it'll never be quite the same.

enhancements.

they would put electronic steering and a light, that's not enhancing it.

they would all be one litres, that's not an enhancement.

everything would be less quality.

i would rather send mine back fifteen years and have it kitted out then.

6 hours ago, mattarosa said:

I may have issues, I have a used one in the lupo and a new one still in original factory plastic protecting that one, and another one still in original plastic in the arosa.

i'll buy one off you for my black sdi...

And there I was feeling all smug that my two almost mint cars (dont mention the power issue in one), were just about "complete". 

yeah, and to keep rich happy, yes i do need to change my cracked undertray on the black one... :) 

not as smug now:wacko:

2 hours ago, Rich said:

the main reason i like mk2's....

enhancements: dont forget adding a stupid touch screen. you can't grope around for a button- you've got to take your eyes off the road and 'read' the screen before selecting something. hmmm. french cars started that idea.

4 hours ago, Rich said:

enhancements.

they would put electronic steering and a light, that's not enhancing it.

they would all be one litres, that's not an enhancement.

everything would be less quality.

I think you're taking what I said a bit too literally. The build quality of the Lupo, agreed, far superior to the Up for example. However, there are certain modern features that I think would be great in a Lupo. Some are retrofittable, many are not.

2 hours ago, mk2 said:

the main reason i like mk2's....

enhancements: dont forget adding a stupid touch screen. you can't grope around for a button- you've got to take your eyes off the road and 'read' the screen before selecting something. hmmm. french cars started that idea.

Don't get a Tesla with the Renesas dash then. No buttons at all. No internal combustion either.

There's a balance to be had though. Cars are tactile, which is why we all know and accept that the quality of materials found many modern cars is utterly dreadful compared to the older equivalents. It's the features, some of which are nice to have, that I speak of.

I was thinking though, if you want to accomplish a feature set that could be found in a modern car, the perfect Lupo is the TDi with air con really. Cruise control is easily retroffited. The ECU can be remapped to give some oomph. A modern sat nav head unit can be installed (same as any Lupo to be fair). EW, RCL as standard. A MFSW with the buttons working, is hard, but not impossible and I'm pretty sure it's achievable with some bold electronics. You're now getting close to the features you actually want, from a modern car. Most of the stuff you find in new cars is just vanity or useless, but I think an AC TDi, with all those I mentioned would be pretty good.

yeah, i've done just that to one of my mk2s... it has (probably the only one in the uk) ac. and bluetooth/wifi hifi. no EW or CC but yes to RCL. very few wifi connected car hifis out there. i can park near the house and download up to 32gbyte of music without plugging anything in... philips.

just fitting RCL to my black lupo if someone can supply me with the little LED door button bezel. then i can finish it. I put that philps hifi in the black sdi and love it. no cd player but they're already extinct anyway.

40 minutes ago, danno said:

Does anyone have or have a picture of the lupo pushchair? I'd love to see one in the boot.

Post up a picture of your mats after you clean them.

11 hours ago, danno said:

Does anyone have or have a picture of the lupo pushchair? I'd love to see one in the boot.

Never heard of that. My parents did ask what strange accessories did they do? This is a new one on me

22 hours ago, mk2 said:

i'll buy one off you for my black sdi...

And there I was feeling all smug that my two almost mint cars (dont mention the power issue in one), were just about "complete". 

yeah, and to keep rich happy, yes i do need to change my cracked undertray on the black one... :) 

not as smug now:wacko:

To keep rich happy I should wash my cars... mine all have little issues, my lupo is running on 3.5 cylinders :huh: the audi is in the process of having a little modification and the arosa is erm suffering central locking issues. All a lack of time!