What's it Worth 16,900mls, advice please...

Monty

Genuine novice question. I may be asked to sell my father-in-laws '55plate 1.4s Lup with, hold on....16,900mls from new, as you can imagine it's pretty much like new

full VW dealer history, etc, etc....has a slight mark on a bumper corner...have no idea what this possibly rare beast may be work

your advice please, many thanks

if it were a gti or an sdi, then you'd get the enthusiasts bidding hard... As it's a regular lupo, albeit in cracking condition, sadly it'll be viewed by most people as a small old car, usually something that is driven by a new driver before moving on to something bigger. The 2005 models were built in 2003 or 4 so are now about 14 years old. personally I'd say store it for 15 years or drive it till it dies. sad but true, and viewed by most as just another small old cheap runabout. Even in like new condition, you'd be hard pushed to get more than £1400 for it. insurance companies value them at about £500... yes, very depressing! 

54 minutes ago, mk2 said:

if it were a gti or an sdi, then you'd get the enthusiasts bidding hard... As it's a regular lupo, albeit in cracking condition, sadly it'll be viewed by most people as a small old car, usually something that is driven by a new driver before moving on to something bigger. The 2005 models were built in 2003 or 4 so are now about 14 years old. personally I'd say store it for 15 years or drive it till it dies. sad but true, and viewed by most as just another small old cheap runabout. Even in like new condition, you'd be hard pushed to get more than £1400 for it. insurance companies value them at about £500... yes, very depressing! 

I hasten to correct you on this one. My gti was defiantly built in 2005 for sure. I found a sticker dated "Measure 02-02-05 Front 2" So I assume there must of been an issue or something with mine. Mine was not register until June 2005.

13 hours ago, Sausage said:

We answered this on your previous post about it, the answer is clearly less than you think. let the market decide, stick it on ebay with a high reserve and see what it makes, then repeat for confirmation.

appologies, if a reply was previously posted, I had no notification..appreciate your comments, it seems it's probably worth keeping/kept running and storing for now, or as was mentioned good 'ol eBay  -  thank you all for you feedback, much appreciated  ;)

13 hours ago, Sausage said:

We answered this on your previous post about it, the answer is clearly less than you think. let the market decide, stick it on ebay with a high reserve and see what it makes, then repeat for confirmation.

Appologes, didn't receive a notification Sausage, many thanks though