Clutch Cable Replacement

Angela

My son has a Seat Arosa 1.0 2002 model it needs clutch cable replacing. The RAC came out as he couldn't get any gears and have adjusted it and all now fine BUT he said we need to replace the clutch which is (EXPENSIVE) .... However I've now been told we could prob get away with just a new cable (CHEAP) ??? Can anyone help PLEASE . Thank you 

Edited by Angela
Spelling

liable to be the pedalbox.

the rac guy will have packed it with washers (bodge) to take up the slack of the bent bracket.

If you wish to do your own diagnosis then remove the lower dash foot panel bit and lie on your back (fnaar fnaar) and look at the bracket with a torch as the clutch is pressed; you are looking for flex.

Should you find it packed with washers then there will be more pressure applied and this will finish off the pedalbox and destroy the clutch.

If you are local, I do cheap quick pedalbox jobs, if you're milfy then they can get cheaper. :) 

• Thanks 1

then he has wound the two 10mm nuts on the end to take up the slack from the box breaking and the washers are next.

you can try a length of cable but if you need a proper box job I am definitely the deviant for the job. :) 

• Sad 1

She's lucky Rich... Angela's even further from you than I am. And I consider you to be on the moon... or is it you moon or argh i dunno somethin or other... huh?! Losing the plot here. Too much diesel fumes.