Sign in to follow this  
neil20vtc

Hazard switch

Hi recently bought a  mk2 arosa tdi for a run about but when I turn the car off the indicator lights on pass side stay illuminated 

Ive managed to get round this for now  by removing the fuse but mot is due soonish so trying to get it sorted

I've removed the switch and tried cleaning it with some isopropnol but still does it 

Does anyone know if the switch is shared with any other models of seat as the lupo one is triangular not round and don't seem to be any on eBay 

Cheers Neil 

Let us know how you get on... not sure but i think it's the same as the lupo? Check out the how to thread- if it looks the same, it probably is- the stalks (not the hazard switch). Wierd lights or indicator action is usually down to the stalks switches.

Edited by mk2
Clarifying

Well fitted the new hazard switch and it's still the same works at first but after a drive the pass side indicators stay on solid 

I'l try some different stalks next thanks for the advice 

stalks....

snip the parking light wire, forget about it.

Fitted new stalks still doing it

everything works fine after having the fuse out then when you lock the car after a run the pass side  indicator lights stay on 

Could it be something do with the comfort module or whatever it's called under the pass seat