after market remote central locking... again

mk2

Ok, so here we go again... I had a look at Skezza's write up, but without a diagram, it gets tricky. Wiring a system  into an 'S' spec car is easy, as you just tap into the existing central locking wiring. Installing a brand new system into an 'E' or poverty spec car seems to be defeating me! Here goes:

Wired like this-

wiring.jpg

and the original instructions in Chinglish...

I got it working ok, but I'm struggling with the indicator repeators. I tapped into the two wires on the steering column. Where have I messed up?

DSCN4426.jpg

DSCN4427.jpg

I dunno...? Since i don't have the cars wiring diagram, i have to guess. My thinking is that i coukd connect up the two positive indicator feeds from the remote base unit directly to each sides (left and right) lamp feed. But i'm not sure it'll work.

I know there's a direct link between the central hazard switch and the indicator lamps, but i don't think the lamp power wiring goes near the indicator stalks. From my understanding (without ever having seen a lupo wiring diagram), the indicator switches simply 'call' a signal feed that is relayed via the hazard switch (which doubles as the indicator flasher unit).

At least i know that the two 'brown' positive feeds do actually give a decent +12V pulse, which could be used to directly power the indicator bulbs. 

If there are power lamp feeds to left and right groups of indicator bulbs, any idea of the wire colours? I could splice into them very easily if they are on the steering column......! Cheers skezza :)

Ok, everything is working... All i can say is that now I've seen it all. My life is complete.

The 15A fuse that came with the system blew when i first switched everything on. So naturally i had assumed (incorrectly) that i'd cocked up the wiring. After dinner i thought, ok, i'm out there with a torch. I checked everything again (easier when it's dark as you can easily tell when the indicators flash). Buzzed everything out with my meter- all checked out. Hmmm. So what the hell, I thought, i'd stick a smaller 10A fuse in, as i don't like to stress the wiring. Plugged it in and hey presto, with no changes at all, it works just the way i expected. Perfect.

Cheap nasty chinese fuses. 'Nuff said. Who would ever expect the chinese to even make fake fuses....? I mean come on, a fuse?!?!!