a bit more oomph

Captain_Scarlet

Hi, guys, am new here so please go easy on me. 

Few years ago I had a civic type r ( ep3) which i used as my daily and did a few track days a year, the whole offspring / marriage thing came along and I had to sell it. Was thinking about getting another but a decent one of those is getting on for 3-4k and then would need a few track mods. Anyway, cut to the chase.  Ive currently got the 75bhp 1.4 16v lupo, its a great little honest car which costs me not that much to run. So was thinking of saving a bit of cash and spending it on the lupo instead and making it into a bit more of a track car. im sure i can build summat for a lot less than 3-4k. 

im struggling with a few things research wise. whats the kerb weight of my car?? ive seen everything from 925 kg to 1000kg's .  A standard ep3 has a bhp per ton of 156 and am wanting to get as close to that as I can with the lupo so obviously the less weight the better.. If its 925kg to start with somewhere in the region of 140-145 bhp will give me a similar result .  know I can strip some out but starting with a lighter car to start with is a head start.  Ive looked into the polo 6n2 gti engine swap HERE  but the thought of having to take out all the dash and the amount of wiring is putting me off.   Next thought was get a 2nd hand 1.4 16v like is currently in, rebuild it properly, balance everything, ( con rods, flywheel etc etc ) and basically build a blue printed engine. My dads a retired mechanic but hates all the modern electronic gubbins . He can build an engine no bother so not scared of the mechanical stuff. Is the AFH head a straight swap?? and has anyone ever ported one out?? Still not researched cams as yet, but planning on running bike throttle bodies, which ive done twice on previous cars. Is the throttle on my car Fly by wire?? It s a big job to change to a cable or it just change the throttle pedal?? Will the cast alloy polo gti inlet mainifold fit on the head I can lop off the runners and weld on some stubs to take the throttle bodies??

Sorry for all the questions , Ive got a few more yet. dont want to look a complete knob on my 1st post here,

Thanks

PC