Lock setting with VAG Com

Chris-M

Morning.

Can anyone give me a quick guide on getting into the lock settings with VAG com? I have not been able to find anything with search. 

I have been working through lock pack issues with my GTI. New drivers lock now means it will lock / unlock with the fob and key and alarm disables. Re-locks if you don't open the door, and I get the warning beep if the lights are left on. Happy that side is all OK. Passengers side, I can hear the motor activating the mechanism, then reversing. Door remains unlocked and alarm goes off if opened. Doesn't look good inside and I think a burnt out micro switch and broken part inside the motor gear are to blame. New pack is on order for that side. 

Boot look I have not looked at so far. It locks with the doors, but does not unlock when you open the car, I have to use the key. Perhaps this is a lock setting in VAG com? Otherwise I have a dud boot lock. An idea of the boot lock workings would be good.

Hope you can help: Cheers- Chris.

Is it set to only unlock the drivers door on one press of the remote, then the rest of the car on a second press within 2 seconds of the first? That's how I have mine set on both my Lupo and Up, don't see the need to have the whole car unlocked when its just me getting in!

Still not played with the settings on vagcom. But, I do now have fully functioning locks and properly fitted door cards. Not a cheap exercise if you fit two new lock modules, but after several attempts at fixing the very broken existing ones, I called it a day. Card clips were interesting. The black studs that fit into grommets are pigs and seem to be a fit once and bin it item. Had a few problems getting new clips into the panel. In the end I gave up on a few of the troublesome ones, pulled the grommet from the door and used spare white reusable clips. One job ticked off. Looking for a solution to the horrible soft touch plastic coat on the grab handles which has deteriorated. Onwards the malfunctioning wash wipe....