Lupo gti doors on lupo

Jam_lupo

Not necessarily, you may get them to line straight up with no issue, but sometimes if they drop they can be an arse to line up. Depends if you’re using the original hinges or not, think vw have a special tool actually for lining them up which makes it a walk in the park. But the important thing is they do fit.

Just now, Pete said:

Not necessarily, you may get them to line straight up with no issue, but sometimes if they drop they can be an arse to line up. Depends if you’re using the original hinges or not, think vw have a special tool actually for lining them up which makes it a walk in the park. But the important thing is they do fit.

Okay thanks for the help ?

6 minutes ago, Jam_lupo said:

Okay thanks for the help ?

What I did was leave the original hinge attached to the body, and only swapped the part on the door to the GTI Doors. Lining up isn't too difficult, just a bit fiddly. But yes they swap over straight away.

I'm just curious as to why though, planning on using it for the track or anything?

But seeing as your description says 1.0, you might as well swap the door lock over for your non central locking one, and if you currently have manual windows you'll need to create a hole for the winder to come through, unless your plan is also to wire the electric windows off the GTI in.

1 minute ago, cj1 said:

But seeing as your description says 1.0, you might as well swap the door lock over for your non central locking one, and if you currently have manual windows you'll need to create a hole for the winder to come through, unless your plan is also to wire the electric windows off the GTI in.

That was the main reason for swapping the doors was to get the electric windows

Bonnet is around 5kg saving. Doors around 10kg each. 

10 minutes ago, Sausage said:

Anyone point me to the weight reduction figures on changing bits to GTI stuff? in other words how much lighter are the doors, the bonnet etc? cheers

The above mentions some of this but i have weighed them for myself. The difference between normal and GTI really has to be experienced to appreciate it. Even the windows (Which i have a spare drivers one if anyone is after one) have a noticeable difference.