Smallest rear discs

cj1

4 hours ago, Rich said:

you could fit drums to reduce the overall width.

you could fit 256 to increase.

smaller discs however aren't happening.

Definitely needs to be smaller or less powerful. Machining the discs down is one suggestion.... 

Prefer to stay away from drums really. 

Just now, Rich said:

why do they need to be smaller or less powerful?

machining down the discs does nothing as the carriers and pads will all be out etc.

At the moment I have a bias valve in the line to the rear which is  backed off as much as it could be. Under heavy braking the back of the car locks up very easily, causing quite a spin yesterday (I'll post the video up later).. 

There's pretty much no weight in the back of it at all, doesn't take much for them to lock up.

Suppose the proper solution moving forward would be a proper pedal box so that the bias can be adjusted even moreso. But just looking at temporary solutions.

I think the idea with machining them down would then to be cut away the top part of the pad would it would have touched... 

lower tyre pressures, find a different bias valve or modify your existing one or fit a 2nd one in line, fit a load sensing bias valve from a different car, shave the brake pads to reduce area?

Edited by Sausage