Wiper mechanism connecting rod.

John90

The metal connecting rod with two plastic sockets that push over the ball linkages repeatedly fell off at one end of my wipers in Belgium yesterday, so I was left with one wiper which occasionally would jam and stop. It kept falling off so I removed the arm completely leaving just the one wiper working. Fortunately I still made the ferry to Dover. (Warning My car is LHD) Part number is 6x1955326a. Can you get just the plastic sockets, is there some other trick out there? It happened before on a different Lupo 3L (near Venice that time, never happens at home!). I popped that one back on and all stayed put until the car caught fire a few years later....

Edited by John90

Thanks Skezza. Never heard about those wiper clips before, just ordered two off UK ebay for £4 inc post... Should be a perfect stop gap.

The new complete arms for sale in ebay germany, 7 euros inc free post to Germany so have had one sent to a drop box account I have in Germany.