Paullap

Rough idle

Hi , I have a wired one here, seat arosa 1.0 mpi  2008 , it runs rough and will not rev,   Codes , quite a few all to do with throttle position sensor, start the car and it misfires and will not rev, I put a second hand throttle body on, and it is the same, if I start the car with the throttle fully depressed. It starts revs and works fine, but I still have a engine management light on, when I try to clear the codes, 2 will not clear, and when I try to start the car it goes back to the misfire, I have to start it with the throttle fully depressed again, anyone have an idea what is going on?.

paul

maybe it is the wiring going to the throttle body?

check all the fuses individually and then start stripping and untaping looking for breaks.

i predict under the battery tray.

codes would show a faulty item as it can't communicate.

Hi Rich, Thanks for the reply, if it was a wiring issue, why would it all work ok when I start the car with the throttle fully depressed?.i am thinking more of the ecu.

Paul

fault doesn't show till system is used.

go buy an ecu and throw some money where it isn't needed instead of taking some tape off.

have fun with that.

Hi Rich, thanks for the info, just to recap, are you saying that if you clear the  trouble codes and some come back without the car running, it cannot be the ecu that is at fault, if that is true, that is a great help to me.

Thanks again

Paul

ecu generally never fails, feel free to change and try.