Rear brake pipe hose wtf

Hi all I've got a lupo gti and trying to get a brake line from rear caliper so the flexi which then goes into the Cooper brake line round beam to a join so I need the whole lot Cooper line from under the rear beam to the caliper all one bit. Try calling vw and tps all telling me it's not all one piece it's the flexi then a join to the Cooper pipe but it's not it's all one piece has any one got a part number. The mk4 golf ones fit with a bit of bending but surly u can get the right part for a lupo 

When I needed one I tried three times with vw, after 2 weeks of ordering in the wrong bits I walked to linco and this kid looked on his computer, skulks down the isle in his shop, came back with exactly what I needed off the shelf. I could’ve jumped the counter and kissed him. Cheap as chips too.

• 2 months later...

The more expensive option is to get flexi hoses from the caliper and make up solid line to run down the beam arm to the short flexi adjacent to the bush.

Just phone Hel, ask for Golf Mk3 to Mk4 rear caliper conversion hoses, or you could slum it with these Goodridge ones on ebay: Goodridge Mild steel fittings not as good as Hel will all stainless...but you get the idea

On 07/11/2017 at 8:41 PM, Pete said:

I walked to linco 

I've got to ask, what on earth is linco?

why would you pay £70 for two hoses?

Passat b5.5 rears do exactly the same thing.

plus if you were willing to to pay £70 for two conversion hoses and then you would have to fabricate brackets to hold in place as well creating some brake lines to fill the gap.

two new hoses from VW when you are stood at etka with them to ensure the right parts would be cheaper when you add it up and will easily do a decade of service.

if you want to ask more of them I would suggest cracking out some heatshrink.

still the cheapest easiest option.

Good afternoon everyoneB)

The VW part numbers for the rear calliper hoses are as follows (they are one piece flexi. assembly with integral rigid pipe attached):

NSR= 6X0 611 763 C

OSR= 6X0 611 764 D

From what I can work out, there is currently no option on sources for a standard spec. hose for a GTi other than through the dealer/TPS network, hopefully this will change in the future :) 

Martin.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rich said:

why would you pay £70 for two hoses?

Passat b5.5 rears do exactly the same thing.

plus if you were willing to to pay £70 for two conversion hoses and then you would have to fabricate brackets to hold in place as well creating some brake lines to fill the gap.

two new hoses from VW when you are stood at etka with them to ensure the right parts would be cheaper when you add it up and will easily do a decade of service.

if you want to ask more of them I would suggest cracking out some heatshrink.

still the cheapest easiest option.

Never said is was cheap.

I agree cheapest option is oem, but if they are not available...

Rigid brake pipes can be made to length at motor factors, but I would make my own cunifer ones.

Bracket is no biggie, ask Hel for long enough hoses to reach the beam arm, cable tie the union on a saddle hard to the beam.

It's a brake pipe. As above, I'd just go to your motor factors and get one made. But from your original post: 

On 11/7/2017 at 12:45 PM, Damo88888 said:

The mk4 golf ones fit with a bit of bending

Problem solved really. The "correct" one isn't any more or any less functional really. 

Edited by cj1

3 minutes ago, cj1 said:

It's a brake pipe. As above, I'd just go to your motor factors and get one made. But from your original post: 

Problem solved really. The "correct" one isn't any more or any less functional really. 

i would hope he bent one back in November when this was posted...

1 minute ago, Rich said:

i would hope he bent one back in November when this was posted...

Me too. But judging by the sudden influx of responses in the last day or so, we're all still keen to help him out :rolleyes: