Lupo GTI winter tyres

chrisgti95

I've recently changed jobs and now have a rural commute so I'm looking to get a set of winter tyres for my GTI. Ideally I don't want to swap the alloys as I like the look of the Bathursts so was wondering what my options were regarding tyre sizes. I've looked for 205/45s and 195/45s on black circles but the site says they don't have any available. Has anyone put winters on the Bathursts before and if so what tyres did you have?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

3 hours ago, Sausage said:

195/50/15 is a more common and therefore cheaper tyre size, if your GTI isnt lowered much I'd be looking at them.

Yes but this will rub.

Finally someone asking the same question I had when I was buying tyres for my GTi. What I ended up doing in the end was buying 195/45/r15 tyres. I bought these more spefically, It is an all year tyre which for me is ideal as I can use the car when I like without changing the wheels round etc (I only do about 4000 miles a year in the GTi).

https://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/falken/ziex-ze-914/195/45/R15/V/78/f?tyre=31733233

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update this thread, thanks for the advice.

I ended up getting 195/50/r15 Goodyears. They only rub when on full lock in reverse so it doesn't bother me too much - my car is on standard springs.

First icy morning today on my commute and they do give me that bit more confidence - there's just no drama which I what I was hoping for.

Edited by chrisgti95