Hi...need help

Tipper61

Hi to everyone. Just joined as need help with lupo. My daughter has 1.4s lupo on coillies and bbs reps. Trouble is...starting . !! When weather is good starts no problem. When outside temp drops slightly it just wont start. Fires up and runs for 2 seconds then cuts out as if immob cuts in.. cuts spark. What am i looking for..? Problem with key and ignition barrel..?. As had column out last year to do pedal box. Immobiliser problem..? Coil breaking down as only does it when cold out..? Temp sensor has been changed. No different. Any positive help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I’d be checking your earths first, cold temps will affect resistance so if you’ve already got a nasty earth somewhere then the cold will amplify the issue, without hearing the car struggle to start and cut out it’s a bit difficult to suggest if it’s an electrical fault or a fuel fault or both, but I’d start with the free stuff and check your earths for corrosion and security.

Got to get codes read this week. Checked earths and all good. Doesnt struggle to start. Fires up straight away then stops. Checked with a good plug out and spark  just stops. Temperature will warm up a degree and it.ll strart no problem and drive fine. Stop start whatever. Temp drops a degree and fires and stops. 

So it’s not when it’s actually cold then?? I’d be looking as rich said at crank/cam sensors then as I’d imagine it’s just coincidence that the temperature seems to drop slightly when the issue shows up. But codes will save you having to put anymore unnecessary parts on.