Air filter

OllieDewar

This is my first post so go easy...

So i've been running my 1.0 arosa without an air filter for the last week, mainly because i think it sounds great. But now i'm thinking about buying an aftermarket filter or putting the air box back on, because running with no filter is sketching me out. 

I've read that drilling holes in the air box, or removing the intake pipe from the wheel well to the box, will still sound good. Will this be easier/better than buying a cone filter?

It will sound even better it makes no noise at all, just silence from it's inability to function anymore. It does sound "different" without the pipe to the wheelwell, yes, but it doesn't particularly ever sound "better". 

been there, tried that! 

34 minutes ago, cj1 said:

It will sound even better it makes no noise at all, just silence from it's inability to function anymore. It does sound "different" without the pipe to the wheelwell, yes, but it doesn't particularly ever sound "better". 

been there, tried that! 

Air box is back on with the pipe removed.

I've looked at cones, but the diameter of the throttle body is smaller than most cone filters, so i doubt i will go an further with that.