Tailgate, boot, rear door, rear lid switch....

N&J

Hi, we have an intermittent fault with the boot light not coming on when we open it. We have worked out that it is the switch, plunger, that is at fault but we cannot find the part number or what it is specifically referred to in VAG catalogues. 

It's the white plastic cylindrical sprung loaded switch that has a screw hole to one side and fits in the bottom right corner of the body of the shell where the tailgate closes onto and is about 2.5 inches long. It also has two connectors, rather than one that is relying on an earth. 

We've searched everywhere for boot switch etc but cannot find a replacement.     

Any ideas where we can find one please...

That's definitely non-standard, but the boot light itself is a MK4 Golf light. This is the reason I didn't use a plunger when I installed mine. Pros and cons to both ways of installing. If you have central locking you could re-wire it as per my tutorial so it comes on with the doors etc.... alternatively, I would get yourself a universal boot light switch off eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-DOOR-BONNET-BOOT-LIGHT-UNIVERSAL-SWITCH-ALARM-WITH-TELESCOPIC-PLUNGER/401280549888?hash=item5d6e2f4400:g:n-AAAOSwdGFYrfKe