Images

ed3112

Fickr still works well, but yes the Photobucket fiasco seems to have provided what must surely be one of the last nails to the 'internet forum' coffin across the web as a whole.

Folk were already migrating to social media alternatives before the changes, the detailed and archived 'How to's' were the last trump card that forums had...

Photobucket said photo f ** k it ..

They said that anyone who wants to use the service to display the pictures would have to pay around £400 a year for the rights for 3rd party hosting. LOL...

It is indeed a shame though, some fab threads I would have loved to have had the full experience of reading.. with images. But unfortunately the images have long gone. 

Frustrating!

Just use imgur, but don't be surprised if in 3 years time, they disappear. The only way you can really host photos in a way that's truly permanent is by hosting them yourself. BarryBoys may despise 'dubbers' but they are a shining light when it comes to images and how to handle thousands of them on your website.

20 minutes ago, hoddlewaddle said:

Having just been through a few how-tos (as if I don't have enough to do with the fleet), it's bloody annoying seeing PB's placeholders everywhere. I've always used Flickr, hopefully they won't start doing the same in future.

Yeah it’s not good seeing all these amazing threads with those daft no image things. Drives me mad ?