One to save

weslangdon

We had 1.4 3 door for a couple of years, just as slow as the SDI but with more costly tax and dissapointing MPG :rolleyes:

On the plus side it was reliable and sold for pretty much the same as I paid for it after two years of use. Also love the fact that even the cleanest/lowest milage 1.4/1.6 variants now seem firmly in the sub £500 braket, so they do make sense in some circumstances.

A look around Gumtree says different ;) 

Don't get me wrong traders etc might be asking for more on AutoTrader etc but those cars tend to be there for a long time and even then I'm sure they accept a fair bit less than advertised....

As a point of reference I sold our near mint 3 door 2001 1.4 on 93k with FSH from the day it was born for £600 in April 2015 and I felt that was strong money for what it was even then (I'd bought it for £650 to years before that.)

God loves a trier/every village has an idiot, so not it's impossible to eventually get more, but pretty time consuming I'd imagine.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

get whatever you fancy, maybe an elring?

just clean all surfaces, follow the torque sequence and don't overtighten it.

Torque sequence?

There are only three bolts that hold it on ;)

I was just planning on 'going canny' and tightening each one a bit at a time until snug...

7 minutes ago, JoeyEunos said:

Torque sequence?

There are only three bolts that hold it on ;)

I was just planning on 'going canny' and tightening each one a bit at a time until snug...

"Going" canny, there's posh when I lived in N/cle it was alwuz gannin canny, alreet

:) looking at what I wrote "there's posh" is a very Welsh expression in itself, when I visit family they tell me I sound Welsh but when I return to South Wales after being in N/cle I get told I sound like a Geordie again, my only excuse is they are similar sing song accents with shared vowel sound