Lupo Gti - Janspeed or Custom exhaust?

Jacamo97

This will cause some debate I'm sure!

I'm in the market for a stainless cat-back exhaust, however the only readily available one seems to be Scorpion which has the oval center pipe. However, I think the car looks much nicer with twin center pipes so this one really isn't on the cards.

I've emailed Janspeed and they said they still sell one for the Lupo GTi, but seems like it'll have to be manufactured as a one off because they gave a 4 week lead time, they quoted £425 inc VAT and postage (plus fitting of about £40 at a garage).

On the other hand, there is a custom exhaust place near where I am that would do the cat-back system for £400 all in, and this is much more customizable.

Just looking for opinions really, see if anyone has a custom system or a Janspeed system and what they think of each! Any opinions are appreciated! :)

1 hour ago, Skajme said:

I have a Janspeed and I love it. Not too loud for driving around normally, but gives a lovely growl when you floor it! The fact it was twin pipe was the main reason I got one aswell!

see above 

8 hours ago, Skajme said:

Yeah I managed to get lucky and get mine off a guy on a facebook lupo page. Only cost me £140!

Lucky for you mate! That's a great buy! :o they're like gold dust at the moment, I'm having to go direct :(

46 minutes ago, Rich said:

they all sound shite. :)

fix what is on or give it to me and i will do you free fitting. 

There's nothing wrong with the exhaust that's on there at the moment, its in really good nick as its been in Japan all its life. Just fancy an exhaust that sounds a little more sporty, what's the harm in that? :blink:

Janspeed all the way. Plenty of videos so you know what its going to sound like. Personally don't like custom as you'll never know what it sounds like until you've paid and drove away.

Tough to find a janspeed, I've been looking for 2 years. last one was £200 and snapped up in minutes with 4 others waiting for the sale to fall through!

23 minutes ago, Mattymdm said:

Janspeed all the way. Plenty of videos so you know what its going to sound like. Personally don't like custom as you'll never know what it sounds like until you've paid and drove away.

Tough to find a janspeed, I've been looking for 2 years. last one was £200 and snapped up in minutes with 4 others waiting for the sale to fall through!

How are you guys getting them so cheap ?? how long ago was that? Haha

the Kam Racing / Grams one is available off the shelf with twin tailpipe exit ;-)
> KR Exhaust

was developed on mine alongside our manifold to get as much performance as possible from the exhaust system

this was it with the centre silencer

This is it without centre silencer

8 hours ago, lupogtiboy said:

Yeah I think mine looks like that, but I have the smaller tailpipe version which looks more OEM.

Just making sure that's standard, don't what an extra box if others don't, as they sound class from what I've heard. Wouldn't mind the tips being a tad bigget, fill the gap

4 hours ago, lupo1.0se said:

4 weeks is better than oem. Try 4 months for a oem back box. Not stainless

Nout wrong with the OEM one on there at the moment, just want a sportier sound. And the fact it'll last longer that the current one.