Emissions fail

Low N' Slow

Hi guys, I have a 1ltr Arosa. I squished my cat on a speed bump ages ago, I've not been able to afford a new cat so I put a straight pipe in it's place. I therefore had the 02 sensor cut out for the time being. As my car has an engine management light because of it, I was hoping having that deleted would help it through MoT (lol). It just wont go through emissions by literally 1 or 2 numbers! 

Anyone have any ideas how to sort or if anyone has had a straight pipe in place with no issues? I'm thinking I may have to replace it with a new cat with the 02 sensor back in it, and maybe remove centre box and have the straight pipe there (for noise, otherwise I over rev then hear the car LOL) But this is obviously a more costly way. I wanted a sports cat but couldn't find one for it! Had sports cats before with no issues. It's currently waiting to go back in for re-test soon as I can think of the cheapest way for me (unfortunately).

20 hours ago, Sausage said:

Couldnt you fool the ecu just with resistors on the lambda? Dont know, only dealt with diesels for years now tbh.

Thanks Sausage I'll see if I can do that! 

Lol I'm not sure if I can ? I was kinda hoping that they could do that lol. An annoying little thing stopping it pass... sods law ?

Thanks for your replies guys! 

18 hours ago, Rich said:

£40 is standard.

Jinner likes to holiday in the Algarve.

Doesn't surprise me in the least, he has the air of a cosmopolitan well traveled type.

Ever used the workshop round the corner? I get them to fit tyres when needed, very affordable (£6 a corner). The other chap who works in there's a real character too.

bob? He likes blue roll.

i have used it, couldn't be arsed to do the sdi (red one) clutch, they did it for £100.

i often use it for other peoples cars. :)

mot welding, my mate uses them to keep his £150 Micra alive.

On 21/10/2017 at 4:33 PM, Rich said:

are you female?

you should not be having a problem with this!

? yes I am female! 

I've been told it's due to the 02 sensor. So adding it back in to the straight pipe still may not work... and also been advised a rag won't work in my situ (due to the fact it's the main 02 sensor being absent, not the one by manifold). I may bite the bullet and replace with a new cat - and have the straight pipe replace the centre box instead. I'm used to louder cars, the Arosa has a very quiet engine so I stall as can't hear the revs ?? I usually claim it's because I'm a woman driver though, I can use that to my advantage sometimes lol ?

All of a sudden I'm more interested. :)

age? Stats? More details in general. :ph34r:

back to the car, yes you should probably just buy a cat and a lambda, sling it back in and delete the backbox for the same noise.

Hahaha! In my 20s...nearing the end of them anyway ?

Yes I've decided to do just that Rich! I thought maybe chuck the straight pipe in place of the centre box. Would that make enough noise too?

I am tempted to replace the back box. Though only had a new one 6 months ago ?