Ryan's 20VT Lupo Track Car

Ryan_lupoo

31 minutes ago, WRC said:

yeah. 

how does your car sound? any movie?

What size did you buy? I cannot find the eye bushes in 22mm. Only 20mm.  Does the 20mm bush fit onto the 22mm anti roll bar? 

And i will try and get a video of the sound of the car soon and put it up on here :D 

unfortunately i do not remember. i did it two years ago and i bought a lot of items than. the entire car was race ready in 5 or 6 months...

try here

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/volkswagen/vw-lupo/suspension.html?p=2

i have this

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/volkswagen/vw-lupo/suspension/vw-lupo-whiteline-rear-anti-roll-bar-bwr19z.html

Edited by WRC

2 hours ago, WRC said:

unfortunately i do not remember. i did it two years ago and i bought a lot of items than. the entire car was race ready in 5 or 6 months...

try here

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/volkswagen/vw-lupo/suspension.html?p=2

i have this

https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/volkswagen/vw-lupo/suspension/vw-lupo-whiteline-rear-anti-roll-bar-bwr19z.html

Sorry i was talkin about the Front anti roll bar, i already have this whiteline rear anti roll bar on my lupo 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right, been a few weeks but finally got all my Bushes fitted and painted the GTI Front anti roll bar.

Once again sorry as i didnt get photos of everything but i will put up what i did photo. 

Painted_Roll_Bar.thumb.JPG.501e07de22813df7df11f2be1dc3e407.JPG

Stablizers.thumb.jpg.0fc17105de900f0f60f8acc412c17ef0.jpg

DogBone_Mount.thumb.JPG.fde46d225fb42923251ae7b7252b4f29.JPG

5a1af5e05aab0_LowerArmRearBush.thumb.JPG.669719c31583e514cb92529620c01384.JPG

So as you can see i only got the rear beam bushes and the eye bolt roll bar bushes in the Road series. All other bushes are black series.

Couple photos of the roll bar fitted

5a1af5dfaffbf_Undercar2.thumb.JPG.13997eafef0abe472f27d9bc2241ad91.JPG5a1af5dcd1dfd_Undercar1.thumb.JPG.4e82ef5c0d2e099c18a533dbc82f137b.JPG

Having access to a press at work meant the old bushes came out pretty easy and the same for installing the powerflex ones. But fitting the arms was abit of a ball ache as you have to position the arm in the subframe with little shims and washers that they supply which was not a one man job. also fitting the little anti roll bar stabilizers to the lower arms i had to shave just a slight amount of the flat part of the bush away as with 2 of us trying to compress the little bush we could not get the thread to come through enough to get the nut started. but apart from that plain sailing :D 

So after fitting everything i took it out for a drive bearing in mind the ride height is higher at the front now due too the arm bushes being very stiff, and the tracking needs to be done. But them things aside it drives amazing, Car is alot more pointy now and have reduced alot of body roll. i stopped a few little clicks and knocks that i had before hand, the car also feels very stable and planted at higher speeds now, and i would even go as far as saying it is smoother on the road! :D i cannot notice any extra vibration or noise from the black series dog bone bush. and cannot even think of any negative things to say about driving on the road with black series. Feels great :D 

Hopefully i will be able to help some people with the 22mm eye bolt bushes as i couldn't find any information on them either. 

So i ordered the MK2 Golf 22mm Eibach Anti Roll Bar Eye Bolt Bushes. Which are the purple bushes you can see in the second photo in this post. this bush fits the GTI anti roll bar perfectly and also fits in the eye bolts. i had to message Powerflex to find this out. DONT order 20mm bushes thinking you might be able to force them over the roll bar because from first hand experience i have found out that wont work. ;)  

So now lets just hope the missus gets us a Go Pro for Christmas so i can some in car videos down some nice roads and on track :D 

Probably nexts things to do on my list is either some BC Coils or a Rollcage. car handles pretty well at the moment so may go for the cage first. 

On 11/6/2017 at 9:46 PM, Skajme said:

Let us know how you get on with the drop link eye bushes? Replacing ARB bushes is next on my list, but I can't find 22mm powerflex eye bushes anywhere either

Just updated the thread with how i did them. ended up trying my luck with the 20mm bushes and them not fitting so ordered 22mm eibach mk2 golf ones and they fit perfect! 

5 hours ago, Ryan_lupoo said:

Just updated the thread with how i did them. ended up trying my luck with the 20mm bushes and them not fitting so ordered 22mm eibach mk2 golf ones and they fit perfect! 

Just had a look, Very helpful cheers! :D I've just replaced my wishbones and saw the state of all the ARB bushes while I was at it. So they are next on the list!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small update. 

Going to be running a Boost, Oil temp and Oil pressure gauge in the car so got this aluminium plate made up to go in place of the headunit as i dont have one in the car anyway.5a3010a973b5a_GaugePlate.thumb.jpg.e43e8dba5593dee78033eec4364bbebd.jpg

I am going to get the plate hydro-dipped carbon fiber i think i am have someone just down the road from me that does it so that should come out nice and look nicer than a big silver plate in the middle of the dash.

The little box underneath is for a launch control thing i have in the car to sit in. similar to a WotBox if anyone if familiar. yes its going to kill the engine and all that but i barely ever use it so if anything it will just be there for show. i do also have a plate without the box at the bottom so if i decide to remove the launch control i can just switch plates.

The gauges are hopefully going to be delivered by santa in a couple of weeks :D so i will get some photos and stuff if i get them and when i install them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/10/2017 at 4:43 PM, WRC said:

yeah. 

how does your car sound? any movie?

123FC5AF-6120-4C02-8FE7-FB8A02B0CCF2.MOV Theres a small clip of the exhaust, at the moment it is straight through with just a Cat left, but soon im going to decat it and put 1 box in the system  

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...