Pedal box help!!!

John E

Hi there,

Just bought a 2003 1.0s model, as a bit of a doer upper, loads of fun!

Problem I have is the notorious (as it turns out) pedal box broken. It’s been bodged up previously and the broken bracket is missing.

I have bought a new one from TPS, and looks quite different to the original (modified I assume), followed the thread here for removal, but on swappping over the pedal, etc I can’t see anywhere that the clutch cable mounts to, Just seems from the grommet in the bulkhead there’s nothing until the pedal, and it looks like it needs some sort of support for the clutch cable to mount on. 

Please can someone help me or tell me what I need to get

many thanks in advance

Hiya

Im in Manchester, hopefully Tuesday I’ll have the correct pedalbox, then back on my back to get it all refitted. But I’m sure I’ll be back asking for a bit more advice, I know it has an EML light on, something to do with the EGR valve, then a full service inc cam belt/ water pump as well. Then I can get it on the road for a bit of fun! 

• 2 weeks later...

This car is starting to do my head in!

After getting the right pedal box after TPS sent me the wrong one, I’ve been out buying a new brake pedal and what I thought was everything to get me moving. Alas no! After rebuilding it all and getting the clutch cable all fitted nicely, gone to adjust it all up and the clutch pedal now sits far too high and will not adjust down any lower without totally undoing the cable. After a bit of swearing and messing realised the guy I bought the car off had bodged the clutch up far better than I could have possibly imagined! 

I’ve removed the clutch pedal and it looks like it’s had a piece cut out of it, so the pedal stop is much further than it should be! so now looks like I need a new clutch pedal. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Just out of interest, is there something that stops the pedal hitting the stop on the pedalbox??  A rubber block or something as that’s what the issue seems to be on further inspection. Sorry for sounding stupid but what I had compared to what it should be seems to be two completely different things