1.8T Lupo Conversion

LarryTheBlueLoop

Ended up buying my old 1.0e lupo back! For the grand price of £100 with a thermostat issue. (Which I've now fixed)

rather than F about trying to make a 1.0 go faster, I've decided to push myself and go for a 1.8T, now I know a few people have done this already so really I'm just looking for some guidance on what I'll need (engine mounts, master cylinder, gearbox, driveshafts, ECU, loom, code of the engine) in essence the essential to have it up and running.

the car is currently on FK coilovers, banded staggered steelies, and the back completely stripped! 

Heres some photos of what it looks like now and some what it looked like before I sold it the first time 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Have a think about turbocharging the 1.0 for sh1ts and giggles, dont think it's been done (probably for very valid reasons) and see if you can graft a 16v head on there same time. Would love to see a 1.0 like that.

otherwise the 1.8T has been done plenty, but i dont know much about doing it. Probably an 02J box with long diesel ratios if running smaller wheels / tyres though.

Problem is, you'll need a custom manifold as i very much doubt there's a company knocking them out. You'll also need a custom ECU and to plumb it all in and it's not going to be cheap.

7 hours ago, Sausage said:

Have a think about turbocharging the 1.0 for sh1ts and giggles, dont think it's been done (probably for very valid reasons) and see if you can graft a 16v head on there same time. Would love to see a 1.0 like that.

otherwise the 1.8T has been done plenty, but i dont know much about doing it. Probably an 02J box with long diesel ratios if running smaller wheels / tyres though.

Haha ? No I think I'm gonna go with the 1.8T but a 1.0 16v turbo sounds rather interesting ?

2 hours ago, Skezza said:

Problem is, you'll need a custom manifold as i very much doubt there's a company knocking them out. You'll also need a custom ECU and to plumb it all in and it's not going to be cheap.

Fabrication won't be an issue, I'm fairly mechanically minded if I do say so myself lol , I think I'll go with the custom ecu so I can still use my key and clocks that kind of thing 

1 hour ago, Sausage said:

That's a hell of a bargain Lupo btw...

Tell me about it!!! 

• 5 years later...