GTI 3rd party Ball joints

Skajme

As we all know the GTI has different ball joints to a standard Lupo and all the 3rd party ones never fit because they just give you standard ones. Well I was on buycarparts just having a look and noticed these https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/rts/7883717 From the picture they looked like GTI ones so I figured for the price I'd just have a go and see, no harm done if they were the wrong ones...Well it arrived and they are identical to the GTI ball joints. Got a brand new VW one for comparison so here's a few pictures comparing them.  balljoint2.thumb.jpg.fbf8ee6289b166f9baa766bf3b5af9d9.jpgballjoint3.thumb.jpg.b34206ceed2c89d58fc2f54b9fcdda59.jpgballjoint4.thumb.jpg.4dddc06a4f3674cffd784a2d0a4be9ab.jpgballjoint5.thumb.jpg.3893c7fcaef009d7a28fdd5d07e27a0a.jpgballjoint1.thumb.jpg.3080408b8dba4692fdf3c1c7b7fb4327.jpg

Definitely handy seeing as the OEM one's are a pain in the arse to get hold of!

Edited by Skajme
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the resurrection, but thanks for sharing!

I've just received my two, left and right but they look identical even though left and right have different part numbers, can anyone confirm if the ball joints are exactly the same either side?

I can't check at the moment as the car is in the shop till the end of Jan, so want to make sure it's right for when I get it back 😊

3 hours ago, Nathan94 said:

left and right but they look identical even though left and right have different part numbers, can anyone confirm if the ball joints are exactly the same either side?

Should be different, LH one below (non gti BJ's) is Left side - joint slightly forward off centre right hand side mirror of LH

balljoint1.jpg.4e468dfbc4faf0224b3f7f7b9b974364.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the resurrection (again).

I have bought some ball joints after reading this thread. i opened them up today to find they are quite different from what has come off.

i was under the impression that the longer bases were for the GTI. but the bases on these new ones seem a longer than the ones i took off.

any information on this would be great. 

Thanks

Gti bal joint 3.jpg

gti ball joint 4.jpg

Edited by matty by