Engine warning light (intermittent) and judder when stationary

em800

Hi all,

I have an automatic 1.4 2004 Lupo (MA04 WSV). I've had it since April, full service history (last full service only done last month).

My engine warning light comes on and goes off intermittently; I looked through the previous MOT certificates and it was mentioned a couple of MOTs ago as an advisory that the engine warning light was on but it was off again by the last MOT so not mentioned in the most recent MOT.

However, the engine warning light is on again now and has been on constant for 3 days... the difference this time is that if I leave the engine turned on but I am stationary the car starts to judder after about 5 minutes and the engine light flashes.

Last month I had the cam belt and water pump replaced and then had a service (same garage) immediately after. 

Any ideas what this may be before I spend hundreds at the garage? My partner isn't too bad with cars so might be able to sort if it's an easy fix.

Thank you :) any advice is greatly appreciated.

Em