henry.0112

No pressure in clutch pedal

I noticed the other day that the clutch pedal in my lupo has no resistance until the last half inch or so, this cant be caused by wear because the car hasnt been properly driven for the past 6 months, has only been moved in and out of the garage and has always been fine. Does anyone have any ideas of why its doing this? Cheers

does the clutch operate okay?

Cable stretched or about to break? where's the bite point? You need some eyes on the clutch arm on the box while the pedal is slowly pressed to see what is going on.

Not sure why over night it would have stretched that much but worth a try, i'll give it a shot this week and let you knkw what happens

Pedal box?

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

Pedal box?

very likely, but he said he doesnt think pedal position has changed.  I was under the impression the pedal dropped a bit when the pedal box failed, but it could just be failing and not yet failed enough for the pedal to move?

clutch wouldn't fully operate if the box had gone.

would struggle and grind.

Hi, ive just tightened the nut at the end of the clutch cable and all appears to be well, but im going to take the whole cable out as i fear that it might have stretched and caused this problem in the first place. 

cables don't stretch that much.