Insurance help please

mscherryviolet

My friends son is 18 and passed his test two month ago. Trying to get insured on Arosa, and has been getting quotes of £2800 for him or £1500 1 off payment on direct line. £1400 1 off payment on his dads policy as a named driver. 

Can anyone help? 

My helpful comment would be to suggest he look on comparison sites, some have these black boxes that the insurance companies fit to the car which brings down the quote, look into doing a pass plus course, this also drops the premium, or finally if he can’t afford the ridiculous insurance premiums all kids are stung with today then get his dad to insure it and make him a named driver.

£1500 actually sounds fairly reasonable. There isn't much advise other than to go onto gocompare and see what they get, Admiral was always the cheapest for me, event at £3900 for my first year in a 1.0 Lupo! Dropped to 1500 for the second year. 

Won't be long until Mr Flux appears on this thread I bet.... 

My first year with Lupo 1.4 75bhp...

£1600 blackbox

£1800 no blackbox. I Paid the extra £200 as blackboxes are more hassle than there worth... cant drive after 11.... can charge you more if your percentages decrease... etc etc horrible things.

Second year exactly half the amount £900. 

I think its just a case of biting the bullet and getting the first year out of the way as the policy holder and not a named driver as you wont be getting any no-claims bonuses, meaning you'll just get stung every year.

The £1500 doesn't seem that bad for a new driver.

Also I wouldn't bother paying monthly as you'll be giving the robbing t***s even more money. 0% interest credit cards are a good shout here as long as you are sure you can pay it off before the interest charges become applicable. 

Hope that helps :)