Indicator Panel end clips

Right, has anyone ever successfully removed, and refitted the indicator panel part of the front bumper?  Of course they have.... But how?

The 2 clips either end that seem to just push into the wing, how are these supposed to go on? For the life of me I can't get them to stick in, they just pop straight back out. 

if it isn't a genuine grill panel it is never going to fit, there are also the bumper clips to consider and if you have changed the wing angle.

if you're really bored fill the corners of the panel with pound shop two part adhesive and captivate it all to avoid future issues.

It's a genuine one, all genuine bits... just looked again and had a face palm moment. Can't help but feel I'm missing a part on the wings? Is there supposed to be something in them holes? Just looking on oemepc at the diagrams and can't spot anything, but could be im looking in the wrong place. Adhesive is my last resort really, would rather it remain at least kind of easily removable :) 

IMG_9184.JPG

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

rubber gromits in the wing.

i steal these from scrappies.

Cheers Rich. Knew it would be something simple. 

Dealer couldn't find anything on their diagrams though..... Got some grommets at home that may work!